Saturday, February 26, 2011

Not Arts, Just Crafts

Haven't been knitting much ... but starting up slowly again. Made these mitts for CableGuy's grandma for V-Day. (Fiber - Noro Aya and some undyed plain wool - KnitPicks maybe? Frankenstein pattern made from "Fetching" Knitty Summer 2006 and "Hollywood Herringbone Pullover" KnitScene Fall 2009)

He did a few rows and wove in the stinky ends for me. I did a hat and a scarf over Xmas and, of course, my never ending dishcloths.

But I have been rather crafty lately. I was commissioned to make a ring out of one of those over-sized diamond paper weights as a costume piece for a New Year's costume party someone was attending. WIP pics:



And the finished object:


Now I'm working on a muppet style puppet of an animated character for a friend who makes iPad children's books. Or rather I'm procrastinating by blogging instead of working on the muppet style puppet I've been commissioned to make.

What's new with you?

No comments: